Dr. Vikas Basa
About Dr. Vikas Basa
MBBS, MS (Ortho), DNB (Ortho), Diploma (SICOT), Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics
I am a Fellow in pediatric orthopaedics from Christian Medical College, Vellore and an International Fellow Observer from Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Ohio(U.S.A) in pediatric orthopaedics. My experience in this field includes both trauma and orthopaedic conditions in children. My work comprised of assisting and managing busy outpatient clinic of more than 100 patients twice weekly, management of trauma list both emergency and elective surgeries at CMC, Vellore. I have been involved in basic science research in pediatric orthopaedics. My aim is to develop good pediatric orthopaedic service in an academic set up in India. In addition, I would like to do translation research to further improve the knowledge and undertaking basic science research related to orthopaedic practice.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship(PDF),pediatric orthopaedics Christian Medical College,Vellore.Tamil Nadu.India. July 2014 – July 2016
- Diplomate in National Board (DNB) in Orthopaedics, National Board of Examinations(NBE),Ministry of health and social welfare Feb 2009 – Feb 2012
- Compulsory Residential Rotatory Internship (CRRI), Padmashree Dr.D.Y patil medical college and Hospital, Kolhapur. Maharashtra. India .July 2007 – August 2008
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery,(M.B.B.S),Padmashree Dr.D.Y Patil medicla college and research institute, Kolhapur. Maharashtra. India. December 2002 – July 2007
Prof. Kaye E Wilkins inland traveling Fellowship award 2018 by Pediatric Orthopedic Society of India(POSI).
- Visiting consultant: As pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Rainbow Children’s hospital, Hyderabad.India. December 2017 – till date.
- Assistant professor and consultant pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Princess Esra hospital (Owaisi),Hyderabad. India. February 2017 – till date.
- International Observer Fellowship, pediatric orthopaedics. Cincinnati Children’s hospital, Ohio. United States of America. September 2016 – December 2016.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship(PDF), pediatric orthopaedics Christian Medical College, Vellore. Tamil Nadu. India. July 2014 – July 2016
- Non-PG senior Registrar,pediatric orthopaedics. Christian Medical College, Vellore. Tamil Nadu. India. Dec 2013 – July 2014
- Senior Registrar,pediatric orthopaedics, Wadia children hospital, Mumbai July 2013 – November 2013
- Senior Registrar, Dept of Orthopaedics, Shri Prayagdham charitable hospital. Pune October 2012 – July 2013
- Senior Resident,Dept of Orthopaedics, Shri Kashibai Navale hospital. Pune March 2012 – September 2012
- Chief in-charge an Orthopaedic mega camp at Shri Anandpur charitable trust hospital,Madhya Pradesh. India. January 2013 – Feb2013.During this camp more than 500 children with various orthopaedic disorders were treated free including post-operative rehabilitation programme.
- Chief in-charge and Co-ordinator of Telemedicine Cell for all Departments of medical and surgical units at Wanless hospital,Miraj.India. January 2010- February 2012.
- Chief House officer,Dept of Orthopaedics.Noble hospital,Pune.India.February 2012 – March 2012.
Study the effectiveness of clinical signs in patients having intervertebral disc prolapse treated operative and non -operative – During this study in 50 patients at Wanless hospital,Miraj .it was found that patients having cross leg SLR and Bowstring sign required operative management and rest were treated effectively with non operative measures.
- Sampat Dumbre Patil,Vikas Rajeshwarrao Basa. Semitendinosus Tendon Autograft for reconstruction of large defects in chronic Achelles Tendon rupture. American Orthopedic Society,Foot and Ankle International Journal 2014 .April
- Few articles in the pipeline for publications in association with Dept of Pediatric Orthopedics, CMC Vellore. Tamil Nadu. India
- Actively involved in publications related to sports medicine in association with Cincinnati Children’s hospital, USA. Ohio
- “Demonstration of Hip spica in children” as Faculty in Pre-conference workshop. POSI 2018. Vellore
- “Management of Radius head & neck fractures in children”. Guest lecture in TCOS 2017.Hyderabad
- “Use of Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy(ESWT) in Osgood Schlatter disease”. POSI 2016.Bangalore
- “Giant Cell tumour of Bone in skeletally immature patients”.POSI 2015. Delhi
- “Treatment results of Ponseti technique in idiopathic and syndromic CTEV “.POSI 2014.Chennai.(contested for Best paper)
- 2014 Pediatric Orthopaedic society of India (POSI)
- 2012 Bombay Orthopaedic society.(BOS)
- 2016 Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences New Delhi (MNAMS)
- 2016 International Pediatric Orthopedic Symposium (IPOS)