Dr Ravinder Reddy
About Dr Ravinder Reddy
MBBS, MS, FRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS (Glasgow)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) – Dr. Ravinder Reddy is a “Certified Provider” and also teaches junior medical and para-medical staff and nursing staff on the ‘initial management’ of polytrauma patients.
- Basic Life Support (BLS). Dr.Reddy teaches junior medical and para-medical staff and nursing staff on the principles and practice of providing BLS.
- National Faculty Member – Indian Institute of Laparoscopic Surgery & Research Centre (IILSRC), Coimbatore, India. He teaches the basics and safety of laparoscopic surgery.
Special Interest in Critical Illness in the surgical patients, nutrition support in gastrointestinal failure, wound healing , acute and chronic diseases, sports & lifestyle modifications
- Panel member on the combined societies of ASPEN and PENSA. Vancouver, Canada, February 2011 and Orlando, USA, February 2012.
- Panel member on the World Health Organisation committee on “Technical Consultation on Hospital Nutrition Practices in South-East Asia” – WHO Regional Office South-East Asia, New Delhi. December 2010.
- Member – Advisory Committee, Indian Dietetic Association, Andhra Pradesh
- Panel member of the first PLANT (Promoting Leadership in Artificial Nutrition Therapy). An initiative by Fresenius Kabi, Asia-Pacific. September 2011, Gurgaon, India.
- Member – Advisory Committee Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA)
Research & presentations
- Principal Investigator – SIMPLIFI (2008). TAR – ORI – SD001. NuvocidTM (Oritavancin) at Single or Infrequent Doses for the Treatment of Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infections (SIMPLIFI). Completed the study.
- Principal Investigator (BK 83) for ‘Multicentre, randomised comparative study to evaluate oral nutrition supplements in moderate and severe malnutrition – Approved and to be commenced on October 1st, 2010 – March 2012
- Fujisawa / Quintiles – (Co-Investigator 2003 – 2004): Multicentre, double-blind, comparative, randomised study to evaluate the efficacy & safety of Micafungin (FK463) versus Liposomal Amphotericin B (Ambisome) in the treatment of invasive Candidiasis & Candidemia (Protocol FG-463-21-08)
- Observational study: Assessment (SGA) of malnutrition in elective surgical patients admitted to Care hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad January 2009 to December 2012, India.
- Observational study of nutritional assessment (MNA) in elderly patients undergoing total-knee replacement, at Sun Shine Hospital, Secunderabad, India (September 2010 to February 2011)
- Observational study: Commencement of early enteral nutrition (< 24 hours) in patients undergoing major intra-abdominal surgery, at Care Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. March 2008 to May 2010
- Ranbaxy India Limited- Short-term efficacy (6 weeks) of Esomeprazole in Reflux Oesophagitis – 2002
- Thesis guide to M Sc – Applied Nutrition students from National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Hyderabad, India.
- Editor of Textbook- The importance of Nutrition as an integral part of Disease management . KARGER Publications ( Switzerland), published November 2015 ( ISBN 978-3-318-05498-9).Also contributed 2 chapters : 1.Noncaloric Benefits of Carbohydrates. 2. Enteral Nutrition: Whom, Why , When What and where to feed
- The reimbursement does not imply the use of clinical nutrition : Results from an international, world- wide survey. Accepted for publication- Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, November 2015
- Evidence- Based recommendations for Addressing Malnutrition in Health Care L An Updated Strategy From the feedM.E.Global Study Group. JAMDA, 2014. Volume 15. Issue 8. Pages 544- 550
- Effects of oral nutritional supplementation in the management of malnutrition in hospital and post-hospital discharged patients in India: a randomised, open-label, controlled trial.Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics ( British Dietetic Association). 2014, Volume 28, Issue :4, Pages 331- 343
- Who should lead the trauma team: Surgeon or Critical Care Physician? View point in Journal of Medical & Allied Sciences . Vol 1. Issue 3 ( www.jmas.in), July 2011
- Trends in surgical site infections in general surgery at a tertiary hospital.Journal of medical & Allied Sciences . 2012; 2(1): 19-22
- Management of culture – negative surgical site infections. Review article. Journal of Medical & Allied Sciences 2012: 2(1): 02-06
- An unusual effect of Parenteral Glutamine. Presented Poster at the Annual Congress of European Society of Enteral & Parenteral Nutrition ( ESPEN), Glasgow, September 2002
- Nutrition in Sepsis & catabolism. CRNSS Nutrition in Disease Management. Update Series 52.July 2011
- The case of Routine Operative Cholangiogram during Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.Presented at the conference of “Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain”
- Laparoscopic Management of ( Solitary) Giant Hepatic Cysts – Case Series ( four) presented at the mid-term conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal- Endo Surgeons ( IAGES). Coimbatore , October 2000
Antioxidants in clinical practice. Scientific Proceedings of ISPEN. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers ( P) Ltd.2007 Review Articles: “Peptide-Based Enteral Diet” published by NIN, Hong Kong, November 2012
Lectures Delivered: International Conferences:
- Accepted to deliver a lecture on “Perioperative Intravenous Fluids” at the forthcoming Critical Care Update conducted by Indian Society of Critical care Medicine, Pune, December 2015
- Delivered a lecture on “Malnutrition in Hospitalised Patients in India” at Pre-ESPEN Congress, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2015
- Delivered a lecture on “Management of Short Bowel Syndrome” at Annual Meeting of Sri Lankan Medical Association. Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2015
- Delivered a lecture on “Postoperative Diets in Asia” at the forthcoming conferences of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA), at Nagoya, Japan, in 25th July 2015
- Delivered a lecture on “Nutrition in Hypotensive States” at the forthcoming conference of Poland Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (POLSPEN), 12th June 2015, Warsaw, Poland
- Nutrition Support in Severe Acute Pancreatitis
- ERAS Protocols – Principles & Applications
- Enteral Nutrition: Whom, Why, When, What & Where?
- First Middle-East Nutrition Symposium, 26th to 28th February 2015, Dubai. Was the Chairman for the Nutrition Congress. Delivered three lectures:
- Nutrition Society of Srilanka – Clinical Nutrition Conference, Colombo. July 27th, 2014.i.Optimizing Nutritional Support in the Pre- and Post-operative Period ii. Nutrition Support in Acute Pancreatitis
- -Non-Nutritive benefits of Carbohydrates.
- Lectures:- Enteral Nutrition – Whom to Feed & When to Feed.
- 12th Nestle Nutrition Institute Clinical Nutrition Course, Gurgaon, India. October 13th – 18th, 2013. Was the Co-Chairperson for this course, along with Professor Peter B. Soeters and Professor Remy Meir.
- Nutrition Strategies in Patients on Hemodynamic Support. Faculty lecture at the PENSA meeting which was held in Bali, Indonesia. September 25th to 29th, 2013
- Role of Fish Oil Supplements in Enteral Nutrition Enteral Nutrition Conference On Recent Experiences (ENCORE) Nanjing, China. May 2013
- Gut benefits of Early Enteral Nutrition Enteral Nutrition Conference On Recent Experiences (ENCORE) Nanjing, China. May 2013
- Early Enteral Nutrition – ERAS Protocols First National Clinical Nutrition Conference of Singapore. Singapore, 6th April, 2013
- Enteral Nutrition Strategies in Hemodynamic Failure Workshop at the 6th Intensive Care Unit Nutrition Course, Manila, Philippines. 4th April 2013
- Evidence-Based Nutritional Support in Critical Illness Workshop at the National, Annual Critical Care Workshop, Manila, Philippines. 4th April 2013
- Controversies in Nutrition in Critical Illness Annual conference of Asia-Pacific Critical Care Congress (APCC), New Delhi, 2nd December, 2012
- Update on EN – PN Synergy in ICU & Surgical Patients Annual congress of Jiangsu Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, July 14th, 2012. Hangzhou, China
- Nutrition Supplements in Enteral Feeding Annual conference of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Malaysia, Penang, 16th June, 2012
- Calorie Goals – Indirect Calorimetry A Annual conference of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Malaysia, Penang, 15th June, 2012
- Early Enteral Nutrition in Intensive Care Unit Annual conference of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Malaysia, Penang, 14th June, 2012
- Current update in perioperative nutrition support Advanced Nutrition Course of Asia-Pacific region, Phuket, Thailand. 27th & 28th April, 2012
- Strategies to Improve Enteral Nutrition in Immediate Postoperative Period Gastro-Intestinal Symposium at the Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA) conference, Taipei, Taiwan, October 2011
- Nutrition Support Team Conducted workshop at the Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA) conference, Taipei, Taiwan, October 2011
- Nutrition Support Team Conducted workshop at the Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA) conference, Taipei, Taiwan, October 2011
- Nutrition in Short Bowel Syndrome and workshop on Nutrition in Critical Illness Invited faculty lectures at the annual conference of Saudi Critical Care Society, Riyadh (SCCS), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, April 2011
- Enteral Nutrition Guidelines – European Society of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition Advanced Nutrition Course of Asia-Pacific region (FRANC Asia), New Delhi, 12th & 13th March 2010
- Surgical Management of Diabetic Foot Surgical Speakers Forum of Asia Pacific” at Beijing, on June 13th 2009
- Perioperative Enteral Nutrition Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA), at Kuala Lumpur, June 2009
- Strategies to Increase Perioperative Enteral Feeding Tolerance Asia Pacific Digestive Week (APDW), New Delhi, September 2008
- Novel Perioperative Nutritional Support Annual Conference of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA), Hyderabad, August 2007
- Monitoring in Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition Workshop at the ‘Annual Conference of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition Society of Asia (PENSA), Goa, November 2003
- Immunonutrition – Recent Update: Invited faculty at the forthcoming “Best of Brussels” national workshop on Critical Care, conducted by the Indian Society for Critical Care Medicine, Pune, July 2014
- Nutrition in Acute Pancreatitis: Invited faculty lecture at the national CME conducted by Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Postgraduate Institute (SGPGI), Lucknow, 5th April, 2014
- Nutritional Interventions Following Bariatric Surgery. Faculty lecture at the annual conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES), December 12th – 15th, 2013, Coimbatore, India. http://www.iages.org.in
- Nutrition in Sepsis – Controversies & Consensus. Faculty lecture at the forthcoming “Sepsis Congress”, organized by Asia Pacific Critical Care Society, December 6th -7th, 2013, New Delhi, India (http://apcc-india.com/conferences/sepsis-congress-2013)
- Nutritional Interventions in Cancer Patients. Invited lecture (organized by Abbott Nutrition, India) at the Indo-American Cancer Institute, Hyderabad, India. 16th November, 2103
- Nutrition in Cancer. Invited lecture at the Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital & Foundation, Bangalore, India. 9th November, 2013
- Parenteral Nutrition in Critical Illness – Methods, Protocols and Recent Advances Indian Society of Critical care Medicine – Certificate Course (ISCCM), Amritsar, Punjab, 18th February, 2013
- Role of Peptide-Cased Diet in Critical Illness Guest lecture at PSG Medical College and Hospital, Coimbatore. 30th October 2012
- Clinical Nutrition – Changing Clinical Outcomes Annual conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), Bangalore. 13th October, 2012
- Role of Medical Nutrition Therapy Annual conference of Indian Association of Dietetics (IDA) – Andhra Pradesh Branch, Hyderabad. 5th October, 2012
- Management of Short Bowel Syndrome Annual congress of Paediatric Surgeons, Chennai, August 2012
- Immunonutrition in Paediatrics – Does it make a difference? Annual conference of Paediatric Gastroenterology (PEDGASTROCON), New Delhi, November 2011.
- Early Enteral Nutrition in Critical Illness First annual conference of Critical Care Society of Andhra Pradesh, Vizag, September 2011
- ORATION: Perioperative Immunonutrition Anil Bhansal JIMA Oration at the Indian Medical Association Platinum Conference, Kolkata. June 2011
- Nutrition in Acute Infections & Workshop on Nutrition in Chronic Infectious Diseases. Annual Conference of Infectious Diseases Society – INFECON. Mumbai. March 2011
- Nutrition Assessment in Critical Illness, Nutritional Support Protocols in Critical Illness and Postoperative Nutrition in Critically Ill Surgical Patients Conducted workshop at the annual conference of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM), New Delhi, February 2011
- Perioperative Nutrition Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Jaipur. 23rd October, 2010.
- Nestle Nutrition Institute – Immunonutrition in Surgical Patients Symposium in Kolkata & New Delhi, on 22nd & 23rd of September 2010
- Nutrition in Critical Illness Annual conference of “Food Scientists & Technologists of India” at Bangalore, December 22nd, 2009.
- Culture-Negative Surgical Site Infections X National annual conference of Hospital Infections Society of India (HISCON), Pune, February 2009
- Antioxidants in Clinical Practice & Enteral Nutrition: Whom to feed? & When to feed? Annual Conference of ISPEN, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, October 2007
- Artificial Nutrition Support A two-day workshop conducted at the Annual Conference of Indian Society of Anesthesiologist (ISACON), Mysore, December 2006.
- Perioperative Nutritional Support Annual Conference of Indian Society of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition (ISPEN), Kolkata, November 2006
- Nutrition & Wound Healing Annual Conference of Indian Society of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition (ISPEN), Lucknow, November 2005
- Perioperative Nutritional Support in Gastrointestinal Surgery Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), Post Graduate Institute (PGI), Chandigarh, September 2005
- Nutritional Support in Trauma & Sepsis Annual Conference if Indian Dietetic Association (IDA), Bangalore, March 2005
- Complications of Parenteral Nutritional & Safe Considerations in Enteral NutritionCourse Leader of Pre-Conference workshop at the Annual Conference of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM), Nagpur, February 2005
- Safety during Laparoscopy Annual Conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES), Coonoor, Tamil Nadu, January 2005
- Role of Albumin in Critical Illness Annual Conference of Indian Society of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition, Chennai. November 2004.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopic in Chronic Abdominal Pain Mid-term conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES), Coonoor, February 2003
- Applied Anatomy of Laparoscopy 50th Annual Conference of Anatomical Society of India, Gulbarga, December 2002.
- Applied Physiology of Laparoscopy Mid-term conference of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES). Coimbatore. October 2000
- Gastrointestinal Failure & Nutritional Support Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Hyderabad, October 1999
- American Society for Parental and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN)
- European Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ESPEN)
- Parenteral and Enteral Society of Asia (PENSA)
- Indian Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ISPEN)
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Hyderabad Surgeons Society