Dr. Girish Narayan
About Dr. Girish Narayan
MD (Internal Medicine). DM (Nephrology), Head of Department Nephrology
- Presently Chief Nephrologist, Division of Nephrology, Medwin Hospital, and Kamineni Hospital, King Koti Hyderabad
- Retired, Professor and Head of the Department of Nephrology, Osmania Medical College / Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad.
- Clinical, bedside and theory teaching experience to undergraduates and Postgraduates (M.D) in General Medicine for more than three decades.
- Training D.M (Nephrology) and D.N.B (Nephrology) Postgraduate students for more than 20 years.
- Well versed in all the invasive procedures related to Nephrology / Urology and Internal Medicine.
- Active participation in Hospital, Clinical meetings, CPC’s Seminars, Mortality meetings etc.
- Organising Departmental teaching programmes, Symposia, Journal clubs seminars etc for post graduate Students.
- Thirty years experience in managing all emergencies in Nephrology Department.
- Thirty years experience in Kidney Transplant Programme.
- Retired Professor and Head of the Department of Nephrology, Osmania Medical College / Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad May 1994 to Oct 2007
- Professor and Head of the Department of Nephrology, Kurnool Medical College / Kurnool General Hospital, June 1993 to May 1994.
- Professor and Head of the Department of Nephrology, Andhra Medical College / King George Hospital Visakhapatnam 1985 to 1990
- Asst. Professor of Nephrology, Osmania Medical College / Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad, Jan 1982 to Nov 1985
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, deputed to Postgraduate Institute Chandigarh to undergo DM training in Nephrology, Jan 1980 to Jan 1982
- Asst. Professor of Medicine, Osmania Medical College / Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad, June 1978 to Jan 1980
- DM (Nephrology ) Post Graduate Institute Chandigarh 1982
- MNAMS (Nephrology) National Board of Examinations Delhi 1982
- M.D (General Medicine ) Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, 1977 (Gold Medal)
- MBBS Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad 1972
- Professor and Head of Department of Nephrology 20 Yrs
- Vice Principal – Osmania Medical College 2 yrs
- Additional Director of Medical Education / Medical Superintendent Osmania General Hospital 3 Yrs
EXAMINER FOR DM/DNB (NEPHROLOGY)
- Post Graduate Institute, Chandigarh
- Bombay University
- Gujarat University
- Dr. MGR Health University of Tamil Nadu
- Kerala University
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- SGPGI Lucknow
- Dr. NRT University of Health Science – Andhra Pradesh
- National Board of Medical Education – Delhi
- Member of the Credential Committee of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Appointed as expert member in Nephrology for the Union Public Service Commission Delhi.
- World Congress of Nephrology held at Sydney, Australia 1997
- World Congress of Nephrology held at Berlin, Germany 2003
- WCN / ERA – EDTA Annual Conference, Glasgow U.K 2006
- Congress of Asian Society of Transplantation, Bangkok, 2007
- World Congress of Nephrology Held at Milan, Italy 2009
- World Congress of Nephrology Held at Vancouver Canada 2011
- Annual National Conference of Indian Society of Nephrology for the past thirty years
- Indian Society of Nephrology, Southern Chapter for the past 25 years
- Association of Physicians of India for the past three decades
PAPERS PRESENTED IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- IgA Nephropathy Clinical study WCN; Sydney 1997
- Low dose Erythropoietin in pre dialysis patients WCN sydney 1997
- Membranous Nephropathy WCN : Berlin 2003
- Treatment of HCV infection Standard vs Peg Interferon WCN : Milan 2009
- HCV infection in Renal transplant patients WCN Vancouver 2011
- Paper Presented in National and Regional Conferences
- Presented over 50 Papers in Conferences
Contributed Chapters in
- Essentials of Nephrology Ed Dr. Kasi Visweswaran BI Publications: 2nd Ed 2005
- Medicine update – Association of Physicians of India – 2006
- Published over 40 Papers in National and International Journal
- Papers Presented
- National Conferences
- Regional Conferences
- Dr. Shanta Bai Memorial Oration : Gynecology Society of Hyderabad
- Dr. Dharma Rao Memorial Oration Vijayawada
- Rangaraya Medical College Silver Jubilee – Kakinada
- International Society of Nephrology
- European Dialysis and Transplant Association
- Indian Society of Nephrology
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Medical Association
- College of General Practitioner
Editorial Board Member and Referee for
- Indian Journal of Nephrology
- Saudi Journal of Kidney Diseases and Transplantation
Position in Society
- Vice President Indian Society of Nephrology
- Executive member and Credentials Committee – Indian Society of Nephrology
- Chairman – Indian Society of Nephrology – Southern Chapter.
- Head of Department Nephrology at Udai Omni Hospital, Hyderabad, India 2017 onwards
- He completed MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1972.
- MD – General Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1977.
- DM –Nephrology from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 1982.
- He is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Some of the services provided by the doctor are:
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI),
- Renal ( Kidney ) Stones Treatment
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Hypertension Treatment
- Kidney Disease Treatment