Dr. GANDHI GOVIND JUGALKISHOR
About Dr. GANDHI GOVIND JUGALKISHOR
MBBS DNB Ortho
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH FINISHING DATES
- Training in Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Orthopaedics from Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Prasanthigram, Andhra Pradesh in April 2014
- Internship at Govt. Topiwala National Medical College and B.Y.L Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai February 2011
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Topiwala National Medical College and B.Y.L Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai February 2010
POST GRADUATE TRAINING.
I am trained in Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Orthopaedics from Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher MEdical Sciences, Prasanthigram, District – Anantapur, State – Andhra Pradesh, India from April 2011 – April 2014.
Major Responsibilities during the residency period included patient evaluation and treatment in Outpatient, Ward, Emergency department, and performing as well as assisting basic / complex orthopaedic surgical procedures. Ward work included routine care of patients, application and maintenance of splints and traction. Common bedside Procedures, communication with and counseling of patients, supervision of physiotherapy and rehabilitation of Patients. In the operation theatres I had the opportunity to perform and assist a variety of trauma and cold orthopaedic procedures, worked in three units in rotation that gave comprehensive experience in all the sub-specialties of Orthopaedic.
FELLOWSHIP IN TRAUMA AND ADULT RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY
- Done fellowship in Trauma and Adult Reconstruction Surgery under Dr. Vivek Shetty in P.D Hinduja Hospital
- Mahim, Mumbai (Duration 1st February 2015 to 31st January 2016). His valuable guidance helped me to enhance
- My communication skill. Pre-operative planning, and post-operative care in various trauma and arthritis cases.
- Also I got to learn about advance instruments available and its usage.
PREVIOUS WORK PLACES
- V.N Desai Municipal General Hospital Santacruz, Mumbai (19/08/2014 – 31/01/2015) It’s a Government Hospital works under municipal corporation where I have worked as senior resident and have done Various cases independently.
- L.T.M.G.H. Sion Mumbai (28/05/2014 – 31/07/2017).
- Worked as senior resident under Dr. Ashok Rathore who is a great spine surgeon.
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenting a paper in WIROC GRAND 2015 on CT-guided percutaneous sacroiliac stabilization in unstable Pelvic fractures: An Innovative Technique to improve accuracy and reduce complications – A Study of Four Cases.
- Conducted a symposium on fracture reduction techniques in P.D Hinduja Hospital and research center in August 2015
- PG Thesis: “Short Term Surgical Outcome of Arthroscopic Partial Meniscectomy in Stable Knee”.
- Presented a free paper in IOCON 2013 on – “Functional Outcome of Surgical Management of Acetabular Fractures”.
IMPORTANT CME’S AND CONFERENCE ATTENDED
- CME on “ILIZAROV – EVOLUTION AND APPLICATION” at Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences in December 2015.
- WIROC, December 2014.
- CME on “ADVANCES IN ARTHROSCOPY AND SPORTS MEDICINE” at Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Science in July 2014.
- PG Training Course of IOA, 2014 at Bangalore.
- PG Training Course at Miraj in 2013
- IOACON 2012, Workshop on Live Hip Arthroplasty demonstration and saw bone model.
- Cadaveric – hands on workshop on lower limb trauma at Advanced Learning Center Bangalore in 2013
- Cadaveric – hands on workshop on upper limb trauma at Advanced Learning Center Bangalore in 2012.
- LTMGH Fracture FIxation Course, Sion Hospital, Mumbai in OCT 2012.
- Sri Sathya Sai International Orthopaedic Conference on Lower Limb and Pelvic Acetabular Trauma July 2011.